Welcome to the ninth issue of the SG2042 Newsletter. Special thanks in this issue to Professor Hongjun Dai and the students from the Intelligent Innovation Research Institute of Shandong University, for their strong support to the open-source community and their research related to SG2042! At the same time, we sincerely appreciate the contributions of those who have silently dedicated their efforts. It is because of your selfless dedication and perseverance that we can consistently provide valuable content to everyone and enable the sustainable and stable development of our open-source community. In this issue, we have an exciting news to share with you, that the Milk-V Pioneer Board was showcased at the Open Source Summit European 2023!
Professor Hongjun Dai and his students from the Intelligent Innovation Research Institute at Shandong University have made valuable contributions by deploying and testing open-source databases on SG2042 servers. Their efforts provided us with valuable data and feedback, which is significant for improving and optimizing SG2042.
On September 19, 2023, the Open Source Summit Europe was held grandly in Bilbao, Spain. The Milk-V Pioneer Board was showcased at the summit and received significant attention from developers abroad. At the same time, overseas open source enthusiasts showed great interest in the hardware based on the RISC-V architecture and were surprised by its rapid development.
Most of the code is already open-source and can be obtained from repositories such as Sophgo Technologies · GitHub. The following are some useful repo resources:
Sophgo Community work: GitHub - sophgo/linux-riscv: Linux kernel stable tree
- Device tree code structure optimization
Linux Official Community Upstream work:
- No commits this week
- No commits this week
We’re looking for fun, good, or profitable use cases for SG2042. Feel free to share your experiences with us - just send a PR!
- The Computing Power China Tour was successfully held in Changsha｜SOPHGO Launches Airbox which deploys ChatGLM2-6B large scale model
- CAM-GC2083 Test | Running a test program on Duo to stream video and playing back with VLC player
- Milk-V Duo | Duo Introduction and the basic development environment set up tutorial
- DDE v23 on Arch Linux RISC-V
- Loading the six-axis sensor MPU6050 on Milk-V Duo
- Enabling the ST7735 LCD screen with Milk-V Duo
- Milk-V Duo Test Report from nihui
- The compilation process for the Milk-V Duo’s original Linux SDK
- To compile and run RT-Smart on the Milk-V Duo
- RISC-V Public Beta Platform Release · Deploying Caddy based on SG2042
- How to compile Paddle on the RISC-V platform
- How to compile PyTorch on the RISC-V platform
- Deploying MongoDB, TiDB, Hbase, and OracleDB on RISC-V server (SG2042)
- Deploying PostgreSQL on RISC-V server (SG2042)
- Deploying Redis on RISC-V server (SG2042)
- Deploying open-source databases on RISC-V server (SG2042)
- Deploying MariaDB on RISC-V server (SG2042)
- Deploying MySQL on RISC-V server (SG2042)
- Database Performance Testing on RISC-V Server (SG2042)
Not ready yet. We are recruiting multilingual volunteers and interns. Welcome to join us! Please email Wei Wu if you are interested in being an open source community intern.