Welcome to the sixth issue of the SG2042 Newsletter. Looking back at the previous issue, we shared many highlights from the RISC-V Summit China 2023. In this sixth issue, we will bring you the great news that Milk-V Duo has made significant progress in achieving compatibility with Pingpong.
SOPHGO launched the first RISC-V development board that can run Linux and announced a global donation program for 10,000 boards for developers worldwide.
On August 28, 2023, “The 3rd Dishui Lake China RISC-V Industry Forum” was held in Shanghai. On behalf of SOPHGO, Jinian Lu, Director of RISC-V Product Line, delivered a speech on “SG2042: 64-core RISC-V High-Performance Processor” and introduced the development history and latest progress of SG2042, the first server-grade processor based on RISC-V architecture, which was officially released by SOPHGO in March this year.
The compatibility of Milk-V Duo with Pinpong has been completed. Milk-V Duo has been adapted to more than 50 types of peripherals.
Porting and Application of OpenCV-mobile (mini-version OpenCV library) on Milk-V Duo Tutorial
Most of the code is already open-source and can be obtained from repositories such as Sophgo Technologies · GitHub. The following are some useful repo resources:
- Feature enhancement
- Bug fixes
- Remove nvme paremeter in bootargs
- No commits this week
- No commits this week
We’re looking for fun, good, or profitable use cases for SG2042. Feel free to share your experiences with us - just send a PR!
- The TPU Programming Contest｜The 7th National College Student Integrated Circuit Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition - SOPHGO Cup Winners Announcement
- RISC-V Summit China 2023｜Unboxing of the Milk-V Duo
- Setting up the development environment for Milk-V Duo on Linux ｜Video Tutorial
- Configure NAT with iptables in a Linux environment to access external networks
- Flashing image and SSH to Milk-V Duo｜Video Tutorial
- Milk-V Duo Free Trial - Cross-compiling applications with Makefile
- Milk-V Duo Free Trial - Docker image creation tutorial for SDK compilation environment
- Milk-V Duo Free Trial - Enabling SPI Devices
- Milk-V Duo Free Trial - Analyzing the source code to learn how to implement TPU inference applications on Milk-V Duo
Not ready yet. We are recruiting multilingual volunteers and interns. Welcome to join us! Please email Wei Wu if you are interested in being an open source community intern.